What do I want to do in this new year? It's easier to focus on this than the year gone past - one that at times was gloriously, deliriously happy - and at others just maddening and sad. While I described 2012 in the last post I attempted to write as one of extremes, I would have to admit it was one of balance. While life was out of kilter in many tragic ways, it was also a time of celebration and happiness.
So, 2013.
In the inspiration of this post, which I recommend you all read:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person_p2/
I'm going to say what I will accomplish in 2013, though, as that article says, everything in me fights improvement:
1. I will be a fluent speaker of German again 365 days from now.
2. I will run. I really can't say how fast or how far - but enough that I'll enjoy it once again.
3. I will take better care of my health.
4. I will spend time reflecting on what makes me a good wife - and work to live up to that.
5. We will travel out of this country, and we'll like it - damn it.
(I'll get a tattoo. Secret wish)
6. I will write more, and get published again at least once.
7. I will be better with things like paperwork and bills. I'll attempt to lose the crippling anxiety that comes with that type of organization.
8. I will hold a committee position in a professional development organization by the end of the year.
I think that's enough for now.
Happiest of new years to you all, and for the love of Mike - stop shooting fireworks off of your balconies in the Loop. It's rather unnerving to see explosions at the 17th floor.
Hope, always.
No comments:
Post a Comment