SundarBazaar, Nepal

SundarBazaar, Nepal
Misty Mountains while trekking in Nepal

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nerves, I has them.

Well, here we go. Tonight is when I will meet all of my student staff members and training will start. I'm nervous about not knowing enough to prepare for things that I have to prepare for but don't know are problems until after they happen.

Confused? Welcome to the role of a new first-year hall director.

Part of the problem is that my department doesn't really know how to plan ahead, and operates under the philosophy of last minute and CYA (cover your ass). I'm determined to try and change some of these things, but right now I'm just hoisting the storm sail and trying to ride it out until the students arrive. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. This is probably the worst part about this career path - the continued job switching and the need to re-learn everything. It's great for learning humility, but hard on the nerves.

Deep down inside, I just really hope they like me.

1 comment:

  1. Of course they'll like you. Remember Linda's words of wisdom: "This is Miranda. Everyone loves her within five minutes of meeting her".

    ReplyDelete